Ok, I am totally guilty of this Pinterest phenomenon – pinning to pin! I mean, there are just so many pretty, yummy, inspiring, funny things on Pinterest – it’s become quite the addiction! The problem? I’ve never actually done any of the DIY projects I’ve pinned, or made any of the recipe’s. That must change immediately!
I decided to start out small with a simple side dish I’d pinned a while back. Summer is nearly here, and in California it means amazing produce. A quick trip to the grocery store later, three mid-size summer squash zucchini’s were all mine! Trust me when I say that this recipe for Squash Chips is easy as pie, and soo delish.
– Squash – this works with any kind here
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Chili Flakes
– Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
– Slice squash into thin rounds
– Coat in Olive Oil
– Move rounds to flat baking sheet – no overlapping
– Sprinkle tops with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes to taste
– Bake at 375 for 30 minutes until golden brown
– Top with Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, and place under broiler for an additional 5 minutes until crispy (watch them – don’t want to burn them in the final 5 minutes!)