Holy smokes – this recipe is amazing! I went over to my old apartment last night to have dinner with my best friend – aka, drink wine and watch her make dinner.
She busted out this recipe from Pinterest, and trust me when I say, it is one of the easiest, and most amazing dishes I’ve had in a long time – caution… its SPICY. Obviously you can adjust the recipe as you wish, but the Jalapeno Avocado Sauce is what makes this dish!
- Spicy Shrimp Tostadas
- 6 corn tortillas
- 18-20 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (or as much as you like… I’m a cilantro lover, so we were a bit liberal here)
- 1/2 cup red or green cabbage, shredded
- Jalapeno Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
Spicy Shrimp Tostadas
- In a small bowl combine shrimp, paprika, cumin, chili powder and a pinch of salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil and pan fry each tortilla, adding another 1/2 tablespoon of oil with each tostada. You just want to crisp them up on each side.
- Set tortillas aside on a plate with paper towels (to soak up excess oil) and saute shrimp in the same skillet with the lime juice until they just turn pink on each side, about 3 minutes total.
- To assemble tostadas start with the cilantro and avocado sauce on the bottom (this serves as the clue to hold the rest on the tostada), followed by the cabbage, then shrimp on top
Jalapeno Avocado Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth (we found an immersion blender worked just as well)
- Try not to go at the sauce with tortilla chips before the shrimp have finished cooking – it’s THAT good
This BEAUTIFUL photo courtesy of Running to the Kitchen
So that’s it – yes you will have to get a few dishes dirty in the process, and no one likes to clean off an immersion blender or food processor, but it will be well worth the hassle in the end!
I nearly had to roll myself home after four of these bad boys.
I wish we could take 100% of the credit on this recipe, but Gina from Running to the Kitchen is the real mastermind here.
Ooh, those look GOOD!
Nice recipe, this is really yummy. There is nothing to argue about 🙂 Thanks for the posting 🙂 Have a great day !
Oh, you will die they are so good!
You have done a fantastic thing to describe briefly this recipe but you have forget to upload nutrition data of this recipe !!