I love to have easy appetizer recipes on hand because no one wants to be stuck in a kitchen during a party. Plus, our place is small, so hot appetizers mean a hot oven… which means a hot house. No thank you!
That is why I am so in love with this Watermelon with Balsamic dish that I found on Show Food Chef. It’s simple, and easy to make ahead of time, so I’m all about it!
What do you need??
– Melon Scoop
– Reduced Balsamic
– Cut the watermelon into one inch cubes
– Use the small melon scoop to remove the center of each cube
– Place cubes upside down on a paper towel to remove extra liquid
(cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for at least 20 minutes)
– Remove from fridge, and add a few drops of the balsamic reduction to the centers
– Garnish with mint or basil (just to make it pretty)
And it’s that easy!! Maybe I’ll be making this for our next book club meeting!