I love this idea of pushing two butcher block tables together to create a large workspace / floating island in the kitchen… (also, the bin pulls on the drawers are great, and the tall glass bookshelf is another favorite)…
And while this rug isn’t new, it’s been a favorite of mine for the last year, the clock is cool, and that black and white curtains are so on trend!
Pretty much everything in the Stockholm collection caught my eye – that coffee table… the lines on that sofa?? Are you kidding me?? It looks like it walked right out of West Elm!
Ahh, my favorite black and white striped throw over the back of this bed, the modern lighting flanking each side, and more of those Billy bookshelves…
I mean, it’s REALLY good, right??
1. Shelving Unit – ok, this looks plain and boring at first glance, but imagine this sprayed a really shiny navy blue, or a bright yellow. How fun would a few of these be in a grey kitchen to hold your cookbooks, pretty plates, glassware, and all your shiniest pots.
2. Modern Chair – a pair of these in a window with a small table between? Stop it. This DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IKEA. It’s too freaking good. Hello Mad Men.
3. Vintage-y Cabinet – another mid-century esque piece – I might consider drilling holes for small round brass pulls, but it’s awesome just as it is… and let’s be honest, sometimes we need concealed storage.
4. Round Mirror – a large round mirror is hard to find, and this one is GOOD. Perfect for an entryway, over a bathroom sink, or pretty much anywhere…
5. Mod Chandelier – A little Ikea, but really cool. Totally reminds me of Jonathan Adler’s Sputnik Chandelier… right???
6. Woven Basket – super good price for a large basket like this. Good for large potted plants, or for corralling all your magazines. Perfect for holding throw blankets, kid’s toys, dirty laundry… you name it.
7. Desk Lamp – imagine this sprayed gold. Yes. Please.
8. Wall Decor / Cabinet Front – while this is supposed to be for a cabinet, it would be kind of cool in a shabby chic space to hang these as window frames on the wall… sort of like this or this or this.
9. Mid-century Chest of Drawers – awesome in an office, or flanking a bed (all that storage) or even in a living room. Functional, and hip.
What do you think of the new Ikea 2014 catalog? Awesome or what?