It’s not the easiest to photograph, especially when it’s hanging on a wall in a room that is currently being used as a catch all storage area for things like empty boxes, a loveseat that we just sold, and wood. Lots and lots of wood that will soon become a planter for our deck.
I pushed some of the junk out of the way in an attempt to stage some pretty things around the art, and it was not my best effort… for sure… but you can totally see the paintings scale here. Its quite large.
So I painted over it.
Two coats of white got rolled on and after it dried, I went to work taping off my arrows. I did some vague measurements, since eyeballing the middle of a 40″ canvas is not as easy as you’d think, and taped the arrows out.
I got a mix of gold paints – including a bronze, and two different shades of gold from the Martha Stewart line. Not to diss Martha, but I was not impressed. All the metallic shades were flat (not metallic really at all) and the gold looked mustard-y to me.
Back to Michael’s I went in search of the magical Liquid Leaf. It’s nice and shiny, and I’ve used it on projects before so I knew it would work well.
You can see close up that I painted it on thicker in some areas for more dimension – sort of a 3-D gold effect, and it looks really pretty in different lights.
The gold leaf paint dries in minutes, so I peeled the tape off as soon as I finished, and that was that. Insta-art!
So easy! Happy Wednesday friends!
Love this! I think this is easy enough for me to try as our walls are in dire need of decor! Thanks for the idea! 🙂
It seriously was so easy – the hardest part was the taping!